Free aquatic frog. Three toed frog

A place to discuss your freshwater setups.

Free aquatic frog. Three toed frog

Postby Amp2020 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:32 pm

At work we have a 3 toed frog that needs a new home. Do some research before putting this frog into a tank with fish. As it will eat small fish. If you or someone you know wants it, please PM me to arrange a pick up.

Amp2020

Title: Paco O-Malley

Re: Free aquatic frog. Three toed frog

Postby 123456 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:01 am

If you're the same person with the post on craigslist in Carytown just FYI that looks to be a African Clawed Frog and they are illegal to keep in Virginia without a permit. You can tell the difference in the dwarfs and normal's by taking a look at the front feet. The dwarfs have webbed front feet and the normal's do not. Often the normal's are mistaken for the Dwarf African Clawed Frog and imported and sold as such. Cool frog (I'd love to have one if they were legal) no doubt but keeping one will get you a visit from a friendly neighborhood Conservation Officer. Best to contact Va Dept of Game and Inland Fisheries just be sure of what you have and save yourself or someone else a possible headache.

Distinguishing African Dwarf Clawed Frogs from African Clawed Frogs
http://pipidae.net/species_determining_adcfacf.php

Nongame Fish, Reptile, Amphibian and Aquatic Invertebrate Regulations
https://www.dgif.virginia.gov/fishing/r ... s/nongame/

Re: Free aquatic frog. Three toed frog

Postby Amp2020 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:24 pm

Thanks for pointing that out. I just emailed someone I know at the DGIF and hope to hear back soon.

The person who dropped it off said they bought it at a local pet store. Didn't say which one.
Amp2020

Title: Paco O-Malley

Return to Freshwater Discussion