Visited 2 local shops in 2 days...

A place to relay your experiences with companies involved in the hobby.

Visited 2 local shops in 2 days...

Postby Meegwell » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:40 pm

I live in the Fan so I need to trek it regardless of which shop I'm going to...I was looking for some new sps and zoas I hit up joes/Fish world since it has been a long time - Joe drilled my bean animal setup himself many years ago and I have been a customer since...Still nice to see the big tanks but damn I can't stand no pricing and the hardware and supplies is literally double the price of others.. (for example go price the big bottle of Red Sea no3pox its about 30 locally and online but they are asking 60 or 70).

Went to Richmond aquarium out off hull/courthouse on speek st (or similar ) - again far for me- second time there and this experience was the same as the first. Scott helped me out, talked a little shop, I got three frags at a fantastic price and just felt good leaving there.

Here is a big two thumbs up for my last two visits to Richmond aquarium.

I should also note, about a month ago I visited tiki coral for the first time and I've been back once again and also was very happy. I bought that nopox bottle I mentioned above and some Red Sea salt....both at reasonable enough prices that don't make me feel like I need to shop online...that is key. I will pay a little more to go get it today. Especially when the folks are friendly and helpful.

Cheers to Richmond Aquariums and Tiki Corals.
Meegwell

Re: Visited 2 local shops in 2 days...

Postby phurst » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:45 pm

I think many of us agree with your assessments 100%. Actually, it's been many years since I've been to Richmond Aquarium, and I wasn't exactly blown away, but it wasn't Fish World either.
Have you been to Chester Aquaria, or Deep End Aquariums, which I believe is their name now?

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.
phurst
Site Admin

Title: Professional Fish Walker

Postby Get tanked » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:14 pm

Deep end(Chester aquaria) is my number one spot. But also 8 miles from my house but John and Rob both are helpful and I can call or text any time with an issue and they know what to do. They have changed a lot always carrying plenty of Los and gotten in more and more acros lately. They also have some nice chalice from no name to cornbread stuff and now also have a grow out room where they will eventually have some super nice pieces. If they don't have it they take your name and number and order it and call when they have their hands on it. They also carry quite a bit more variety of fish than most other shops both salt and fresh now along with a nice indoor coy pond. Definitely worth a 25 minute ride.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?
Get tanked

Postby Get tanked » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:15 pm

Plenty of LPS***** not Los damn auto correct.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?
Get tanked

Return to Retailer/Vendor Feedback