Neacewood's 75 gallon build born 4/7/17

Tanks 30 gallons to 79 gallons

Re: Neacewood's 75 gallon build born 4/7/16

Postby neacewood » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:07 pm

so im here in class looking at pics of the tank and shes coming along pretty well. I am battling alge at the moment and and trying to get the right number of snails in the tank. i have had this t5 up and running for about a month now and im loving it!!! I still miss my leds tho... i have looked into geting a couple black boxes havent decided witch ones yet. i will post some pics tonight. i also have some zoas and birds nest i would like to sell/frag. :thumbup:
Been a lot of lessons in my life. Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.
neacewood

Postby neacewood » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:32 pm

Please no harping on the tang!!
Been a lot of lessons in my life. Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.
neacewood

Postby neacewood » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:38 pm

Oh yeah by the way the tank is covered in little bright purple dots :D should be covered in the next month or so
neacewood

Postby Get tanked » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:12 pm

Don't get an urchin or you won't have any purple at all. Mine mowed it off the glass in sheets it seemed like.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?
Get tanked

Postby neacewood » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:41 am

That's grounds for living in the sump FOREVER!!! I will steer clear of them!! Thanks for the look out!! :thumbup:
neacewood

Postby neacewood » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:15 pm

Just a few equipment shots on the tank I've got everything running on random wave mood at 90-100% everything seems to be handling well. I also have another mp10 in the rock work as well as a 1200 gallon return pump

I also have a 340gph power head in the sump as well

neacewood

Re: Neacewood's 75 gallon build born 4/7/17

Postby neacewood » Sun May 07, 2017 1:33 pm

Just thought this was worth posting :D :D :D
neacewood

Postby neacewood » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:50 pm

Ok so I've been absent for a while... I got busy with life and neglected the tank a bit... and it started to show. I have never been one to test my water I just thought it wasn't necessary. Boy was I wrong. I had a outbreak of green hair algae and nitrates and phosphates through the roof. So I tested my water and did some major changes. I have since done a few large water changes and taken some rock out of the display to cure/ kill off some algae. So today I changed out my t5 bulbs and did another 15 gallon water change. I lost sight of the goal and got lazy and it showed. I lost a few coral and learned some lessons. So here are some pics now that everything is a little more happy.
ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neacewood

Postby 08can-am » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Looks good. Who has time for testing and stuff?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Hi, Im Barry.
08can-am

Postby neacewood » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Yeah I just normally do the look test. That being if everything looks happy water must be good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neacewood

PreviousNext

Return to Mid-Size Tanks (30g-79g)