Mike & Terry's 300g Reef

Tanks over 180 gallons

Re: The new 300

Postby flyingfish » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:34 pm

I love all the wrasses too. It's like a fantasy, even to those of us who have tanks, can you imagine what people who've never experienced reefs think?? :D

Beautiful.
Kim H.

Keep clams and carry on.

Freelance Illustrator
http://www.science-art.com/member/?id=109#.USGh1Y6jLzI
flyingfish

Postby prop-frags » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:52 pm

Yhsublime wrote:Awesome! Thanks for the quick update.

That harvest was unbelievable, LOL.

MattM wrote:As always...beautiful. All your fish are fantastic but I particularly love the Choati and the Tinkeri.

Thanks Matt. We've nicknamed the Tink's "Dennis the Menace" - thankfully, he's been on best behavior since we removed the Lemonpeel angel. The choati has a lot of spunk and personality for her size.

flyingfish wrote:I love all the wrasses too. It's like a fantasy, even to those of us who have tanks, can you imagine what people who've never experienced reefs think?? :D

Beautiful.

Thanks so much Kim! How are your 2 bipart's doing?
-Mike and Terry
prop-frags

Title: SPS Slave

Postby flyingfish » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:00 pm

prop-frags wrote:

Ours are getting along great now. The "new" male follows the female around, but not so much chasing, as making sure she's repeatedly made aware how beautiful he is, :lol: He got so excited about following and turning sideways to her and flashing, that he actually had a minor collision with a flasher wrasse the other day, who was also not paying attention to where he was going since he was doing the same at his adopted species members (the female anthiases).

Eric says the fish was saying, "HEeeyy! Aren't I pretty? Look at meee...(CRASH) Oh, sorry 'bout that, Bob... you know how it is." :lol: If they get separated, the female goes looking for him as if to say, "Hey, how come you stopped chasing me? I missed you!" I can't imagine how much more fun you guys have with all the pretty pairs you have in that tank! Your tank is such an inspiration! Oh, and our new filefish Filene in the 80 likes majanos! So far so good... :thumbup:
Kim H.

Keep clams and carry on.

Freelance Illustrator
http://www.science-art.com/member/?id=109#.USGh1Y6jLzI
flyingfish

Postby prop-frags » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:15 am

flyingfish wrote:
prop-frags wrote:

Ours are getting along great now. The "new" male follows the female around, but not so much chasing, as making sure she's repeatedly made aware how beautiful he is, :lol: He got so excited about following and turning sideways to her and flashing, that he actually had a minor collision with a flasher wrasse the other day, who was also not paying attention to where he was going since he was doing the same at his adopted species members (the female anthiases).

Eric says the fish was saying, "HEeeyy! Aren't I pretty? Look at meee...(CRASH) Oh, sorry 'bout that, Bob... you know how it is." :lol: If they get separated, the female goes looking for him as if to say, "Hey, how come you stopped chasing me? I missed you!" I can't imagine how much more fun you guys have with all the pretty pairs you have in that tank! Your tank is such an inspiration! Oh, and our new filefish Filene in the 80 likes majanos! So far so good... :thumbup:

That is GREAT to hear, Kim! :D
-Mike and Terry
prop-frags

Title: SPS Slave

Re: Mike & Terry's 300g Reef

Postby mrbee2828 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:52 pm

What's the latest guys?
mrbee2828

Re: Mike & Terry's 300g Reef

Postby khh27 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:31 pm

Any update on the new tank?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk